Review: Chemical Engineering Course

Greetings!

In this post, I will tell you a bit about what I can conclude from doing a Diploma in Chemical Engineering (as for only 2 semesters though). Please don't expect any detailed information because I am half prepared in writing this post. A reminder that this guideline is based on UiTM university system. This may have been inconvenient, I guess since we all don't get the same offer to the same university. Anyways, I'd just proceed disregarding this matter. Let's begin.

We took this photo right after the final examination ended lmao
The Requirement

Firstly, it is very preferable to get to know what are the requirements needed for this course. As stated in this page, you may need at least 5 Credits in SPM or any equivalent. For me, I received 5A's and 4B's which are more than 5C's. Please be reminded that the priority will be given to who achieved more than 5C's.

Course Outline Review

This is a review on UiTM's course outline hence it'd fully in UiTM version as I don't really know much how this course would be at other universities.

I still hope you can see it clearly.
On the first semester, you'd have 6 subjects (excluding Co-Curriculum). The main courses are Introduction in Chemical Engineering & Inorganic and Physical Chemistry. For me both of these subjects are on average level, not too difficult. You must score these two. Don't take for granted when you have a presentation assignment. It counts. Apart from that, in this semester there are also 2 challenging subjects which are Calculus 1 & Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship. I mean, who likes Maths? For the latter subject, you need to prepare a business proposal with a brand new invention, cool ideas. The report book is extremely hard to handle unless you're prepared from the very beginning. My advice is to do your work in time and don't waste your time.

Second semester is where it gets harder because you'd have 2 subjects with 4 damn credits which are Organic and Analytical Chemistry & Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics. YOU MUST NOT FAIL THESE TWO SUBJECTS IT IS NECESSARY TO AT LEAST PASS THE TESTS AND QUIZZES. Unlike me, I failed all the tests which is very sad I might need to repeat the subject but let's hope and pray that I'd at least pass. Nevertheless, there'll also be another Calculus subject which is Calculus 2. I think this one is much easier than the first one but please bear in mind that you need to do revisions all the time!

I'm going to end it here as I'm a Part 2 student. There will be 4 more semesters including the Industrial Training on semester 6.

This time around was on the first two months of the first semester, a class at a pilot plant lab. Excuse my face, okay thanks.
Before that, for a better view to SPM leavers who wants to further their studies; foundation and diploma are two different things. Foundation benefits you because of the short study period which is about 1 to 1½ year. While in diploma, you have 5 to 6 semesters depending on the courses you take which is equivalent to 2½ to 3 years. Doing a diploma in engineering is more preferable if you're a slow learner like me because there are more time to actually learn everything.

By the way, whatever your choice is, please follow what your heart says the best for you. Don't follow your friend choices, it might burden you later.

That is all! Thank you for spending your time reading.

Comments

Post a Comment

If you have any questions/comments, just drop it here.

Popular posts from this blog

Looks: Beanie